Information we collect
When you visit or shop with us online using our web sites, including hemsongoods.com we collect information about you or your use of those web sites. This information falls into three categories: Customer Information, Usage Data, and IP Address Details. Depending on the category, the information may be considered to be personally identifiable information.
Customer information is information you explicitly provide to us when you make an online purchase or you sign up to receive our newsletters, including your:
- email address
- shipping and billing addresses
- payment details
Customer Information can usually be used to identify you.
Whenever you use our web sites or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address associated with your computer is called its "IP address" and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer. We do not keep a long term record of the IP addresses from which you access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, for example, when you make a purchase, in which case we may record your IP address for security purposes.
Usage Data includes general information about how you interact with our web pages and web sites. This is collected using cookies (or similar technologies) placed by us and others (see ‘Who the information is shared with’ below). Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in a web browser, and which may assign an anonymous identifier to the user. Usage Data includes:
- pages you visited on our web sites
- how you came to the website (e.g. via our newsletter or an advertisement)
- which particular buttons or links on the site you clicked
- whether you have been to the site before
How we use the collected information
We use your Customer Information for processing and filling orders placed by you, directly marketing our products, delivering our newsletters to your mailbox, and other activities involved in the day-to-day business operations of Hemson. Hemson uses the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology to protect your Customer Information while you purchase from our online store.
Usage Data & IP Address
We use Usage Data to assist us in understanding the online behavior of our customers, which helps us to focus our marketing activities and improve the service we provide on our web sites, which, in turn, helps us to grow our business.
Using web analytics services on our web sites enables us to measure, collect, analyze and report on Usage Data for the purposes of understanding and optimizing customers’ experiences on our web sites.
Geographical location information contained in the Usage Data enables us to tailor your experience on our web sites by displaying different content based on your location, such as local currency and pricing, local advertising offers, and content in your preferred language.
Who we share the information with
Usage Data is either collected directly by or disclosed to those other providers during the course of a session on our website and during advertising or marketing campaigns.
We share Usage Data with a number of other parties for a range of purposes, including to:
- handle payments securely (via PayPal Inc.)
- distribute direct marketing materials from Hemson
- connect to social networks (via the Pinterest “Pin it” button or via the Facebook “Like” button)
- pay commission to our affiliates
- target advertising by sending your Usage Data to our advertising partners, such as Google and Facebook
We share Customer Information with providers directly involved with online transactions (e.g. PayPal), or when you have opted in to receive direct marketing material
Your say and How to ‘Opt-out’
Please note that we do not respect the Do Not Track setting available in your web browser.
You can contact us to request access to the Customer Information, and any other personal information, that we may hold. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and provide you with access, except in certain limited circumstances. You may request us to correct any personal information that is not accurate, up-to-date, complete, and relevant or is misleading, and we will change it where reasonable to do so.
For further information about access and correction, or if you have any complaints or concerns about how we manage your Customer Information or Usage Data, please contact us at the details provided below.
If you no longer wish us to use your Customer Information, Usage Data or IP Address Details for certain purposes, you can do any or all of the following:
- opt-out of receiving online communications from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter, advertisement or other communication (as applicable)
- delete existing cookies from your web browser and/or disable cookies on your computer and/or other devices (as appropriate). Depending on the particular browser you are using (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), this can usually be done on your computer by accessing your ‘Browsing History’ through the ‘Settings’ or ‘Options’ menu (or equivalent) in your web browser, or if you are using a different device, then in the ‘Settings’ for that device. If you do not disable cookies in your web browser, and you subsequently visit our website, fresh cookies are likely to be placed and you may need to repeat the process of deleting existing cookies
- alter your ad preference settings in each of Google and Facebook, and on the platforms of other providers, if you have access to do so
If you do opt-out of receiving communications directly from us, we will no longer use your information for those purposes. If you disable cookies in your web browser or delete existing cookies, our web sites may not work properly and your experience with our web sites will be less personalized and may make your shopping experience less enjoyable. Deleting existing cookies from your web browser may also cause it to lose recorded information for other web sites, such as previously used usernames and passwords.
Your withdrawal of consent for us to use your information for certain purposes may mean that we can no longer provide our services to you. For example, many of the services of the other providers referred to above, such as PayPal Inc., are integral to our online sales model, and any refusal to disclose Customer Information is likely to prevent us from being able to complete online transactions with you.